Adopted by Council of Ministers Decision 593/08.09.2023, promulgated in State Gazette Issue 79/15.09.2023
The National Statistical Programme for 2023 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of the National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2023 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2023. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2023 are:
- Population projections;
- Structure of Earnings survey 2022;
- Community clubs;
- Pension entitlements in social insurance;
- Profiling multinational enterprise groups of national importance;
- Coordination and reporting of statistical data to assess progress on the UN Sustainable Development Goals 2030;
- Positions held in the judicial authorities by gender as of 31.12.;
- Territorial units for statistics and territorial typologies;
- NACE.BG/CPA 2008 revision;
- Conduction of International Statistical Poster Competition;
- Number of registered unemployed persons and number of persons started work by week;
- Number of registered unemployed Ukrainian citizens with temporary protection status;
- Number of persons inactive on the labor market;
- Integrated Farm Statistics in 2023 (IFS2023).
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- LFS statistical infrastructure under IESS - LFS 2023 module - Improvements of Labour Market statistics collected from Businesses;
- Income and Living Conditions (ILC) - Statistical infrastructure under IESS - SILC 2023 module;
- Supporting preparation for the next coordinated 2024 benchmark revision including general preparations and improvements in specific areas;
- Improving Harmonised indices of consumer prices;
- European Comparison Programme 2023;
- Global value chains and multinational enterprises in business statistics;
- Improvement and re-development of demography, migration and population and housing census statistics;
- Conduction of the 2022/2023 European Statistics Competition in Bulgaria
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organization of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme shall be provided from the State Budget and from financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organizations and shall be specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2023, published in State Gazette Issue 66/01.08.2023, specifies 30 812 600 BGN for costs, of which 27 328 600 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2023. The funding amounts to 26 322 900 BGN for regular surveys, 505 700 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 500 000 BGN for contracts for grants. Costs for external contractors are included in the budget of some surveys.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2023 shall be financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.
Published on 15.09.2023