Adopted by Council of Ministers Decision 296/09.05.2022, promulgated in State Gazette Issue 37/17.05.2022
The National Statistical Programme for 2022 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of the National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2022 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2022. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2022 are:
- Data on the prevention of the illegal entry and residence of third-country nationals;
- Data on third-country nationals under Regulation (EC) 2020/851;
- Time use survey;
- Adult Education Survey (AES) 2022;
- Indoor sports facilities in kindergartens and schools;
- Energy balance - "Energy supply" section;
- Energy consumption in industry;
- Market indicators for electricity and natural gas;
- Exchange of microdata and metadata with EU Member States;
- Administrative-territorial and territorial division of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Development of a survey on the balance of the territory of the country by administrative-territorial and territorial units;
- Development of a weekly experimental index of prices of household appliances sold online;
- Exhibition with infographics "Census 2021";
- Digital publications and infographics;
- Number of applications received, approved and paid by employers for compensation of employees for whom a suspension of activity or reduced working hours has been introduced
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- Labour Force Survey (LFS) - Job skills - 2022 module;
- Adult Education Survey (AES) 2022 - Statistical infrastructure under IESS;
- Income and Living Conditions (ILC) - Statistical infrastructure under IESS - SILC 2022 module - 2021 and 2022 Infra-annual data collection;
- European system of integrated social protection statistics (ESSPROS) - Unemployment benefits recipients;
- European Comparison Programme 2022;
- Quality improvement of intra-EU trade data in the context of the micro-data exchange;
- Data collection for city and subnational statistics;
- Participation to the 2021/2022 European Statistics Competition
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organization of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme shall be provided from the State Budget and from financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organizations and shall be specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2022, published in State Gazette Issue 18/04.03.2022, specifies 28 603 500 BGN for costs, of which 25 119 500 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2022. The funding amounts to 24 914 500 BGN for regular surveys, 205 000 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 500 000 BGN for contracts for grants. Costs for external contractors are included in the budget of some surveys.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2022 shall be financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.
Published on 17.05.2022