NATIONAL STATISTICAL PROGRAMME FOR 2021
Adopted by Council of Ministers Decision 17/11.01.2021, promulgated in State Gazette Issue 4/15.01.2021
The National Statistical Programme for 2021 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of the National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2021 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2021. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2020 are:
- Energy consumption in households;
- Modernization of an existing information center;
- Study of the possibilities to use data from the network for estimating the price index of food and non-food goods and tourist services;
- Data from the sales of liquid fuels registered through the electronic systems with fiscal memory of the NRA;
- Number of registered job seekers (unemployed, employed, students and pensioners);
- Number of jobs requested, occupied, closed and vacancies;
- Number of subsidized jobs;
- Number of unemployed persons employed in subsidized jobs;
- Number of unemployed and employed persons included in trainings;
- Implementation of active measures for training and employment LMP_Database;
- Third country citizens admitted to the labor market under the Labour migration and labour mobility act;
- Permits issued for seasonal work by status, sex, duration, economic sector and citizenship SW1, SW2;
- Search for labour force with certain qualifications and skills over the next 12 months
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- Labour Force Survey (LFS) - Statistical infrastructure under IESS - 2021 module;
- SILC survey - Statistical infrastructure under IESS - BG 2021 module;
- Innovative tools and sources for diary-based surveys - Household Budget Survey - test and maintain;
- Survey on gender-based violence;
- Real estate statistics;
- European Comparison Programme 2021;
- Global value chains-International Sourcing Survey;
- Energy statistics: support to the Energy Union and further disaggregation of final energy consumption;
- Registers and MNEs in Business Statistics;
- Improving data for circular economy - packaging waste and construction waste;
- Establishing access to geospatial data through linking geocoded and statistical data;
- ESSnet "Trusted Smart Statistics – Web Intelligence Network";
- Statistical methods and tools for time series, seasonal adjustment and statistical disclosure control;
- Participation to the 2020/2021 European Statistics Competition
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organization of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme shall be provided from the State Budget and from financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organizations and shall be specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2021, published in State Gazette Issue 104/08.12.2020, specifies 28 486 200 BGN for costs, of which 25 002 200 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2021. The funding amounts to 22 339 200 BGN for regular surveys, 2 163 000 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 500 000 BGN for contracts for grants. Costs for external contractors are included in the budget of some surveys.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2021 shall be financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.
Published on 18.01.2021