Adopted by Council of Ministers Decision 143/05.03.2015, promulgated in State Gazette Issue 20/17.03.2015
The National Statistical Programme for 2015 is elaborated in accordance with Chapter Three of the Law on Statistics. The programme includes Plan for activity of National Statistical Institute (NSI) and the Plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics.
The development of methodology, production and dissemination of statistical information in the National Statistical System of the Republic of Bulgaria is realized in accordance with adopted uniform European standards and harmonized methods. The new surveys and activities included in the national programme for 2015 are related to user needs and to priorities of the Community Statistical Programme for 2015. The new surveys and activities included in NSP 2015 are:
- Structure of Earnings survey 2014;
- Implementation of System of health accounts, 2011;
- Harmonization of data from "Crimes, accused and persons convicted" survey and data from UISAC;
- Housing price statistics: Housing price indices (HPI); Owner Occupied Housing Indices (OOHI);
- Producer prices in major repairs and maintenance of dwellings and residential buildings;
- Household consumption of energy products;
- Share of renewable energy in gross final energy consumption;
- Road network category ІІІ in rural areas;
- Expenditure on protection of the environment received by subsidies, grants and donations;
- Register of buildings and dwellings;
- Producer prices in forestry.
The NSI will participate in the following new EC projects:
- Health expenditures by disease;
- Action plan for EU-SILC improvements;
- Supporting Quality Measures for Statistics used in the context of the Macroeconomic Imbalance Procedure (MIP);
- HICP: 1: Modernisation of consumer price collection and compilation; 2: Real estate statistics;
- European Comparison Programme (2015-2016);
- Development of a European Index of Services production (ISP);
- Improvement of national business registers and testing of European profiling;
- Steps towards implementing the revised definition of statistical units for business statistics: Delineation of Statistical Units and Testing Profiling;
- SIMSTAT – implementation of trial tests for micro data exchange;
- Improvement of the methods for compilation of EPE in order to comply with the requirements of new module on EPE in the regulation amending Regulation (EU) No 691/2011
The results of statistical surveys included in the National Statistical Programme are accessible to all. Deadlines, form and mode for presentation of the results are in conformity with Eurostat requirements.
Changes in the organisation of some surveys and shortening the deadlines for providing data for users are made in connection with cost optimization and reducing the respondents burden.
According to the Law on Statistics, Article 16 paragraph 1, the funds necessary for the implementation of the National Statistical Programme are provided from the State Budget and from direct financial contribution (grant funds) from Eurostat and other bodies and organisations and are specified apart from the funds for maintenance of the National Statistical Institute. The Law on State Budget of the Republic of Bulgaria for 2015, published in State Gazette Issue 107/24.12.2014, specifies 17 452 100 BGN for costs, of which 15 502 100 BGN for current costs in the NSI's Budget for 2015. The funding amounts to 14 032 183 BGN for regular surveys, 996 166 BGN for new surveys and activities, and 473 751 BGN for contracts for grants.
The plans for statistical activities of the Bodies of Statistics in 2015 are financed from the budgets of the respective institutions.