Art. 1 These rules regulate the functions, composition and organization of the National Statistical Council’s activity to the President of the NSI, hereinafter referred to as the ‘Council’.
Art. 2 The National Statistical Council shall be a consultative body, attached to the President of the NSI.
Art. 3 The Council shall assist the President of the NSI, and its functions and tasks shall be to:
1. give opinions and recommendations on the Strategy for Development of the National Statistical System;
2. discuss the proposals of the Bodies of Statistics and give recommendations for including in the draft version of the National Statistical Programme particular statistical surveys specified in kind, coverage and acting persons;
3. support the National Statistical System’s activities on the implementation of the National Statistical Programme;
4. create, in case of need and after an adopted decision, constant or temporary working groups to deal with particular statistical issues in compliance with its competencies;
5. cooperate with the European Statistical Advisory Committee (ESAC) (according to the Art. 3, Para 4 from Decision No 234/2008/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council);
6. elect a Chairperson from among its members.
COMPOSITION OF THE COUNCIL
Art. 4 (1) The Council shall comprise a Chairperson and members.
(2) One of the members of the Council shall be elected as the Chairperson of the Council, who shall lead its activities and represent it.
(3) In case of absence of the Chairperson, the meeting shall be managed by a Council member who is assigned by the Chairperson as a deputy;
(4) The Chairperson of the Council shall:
1. manage and represent the Council;
2. convene and chair the meetings;
3. propose a meeting agenda to be approved by the Council members;
4. every six months report the Council activities to the President of the NSI.
Art. 5 (1) The members of the Council shall be appointed by order of the President of NSI.
(2) The members of the Council shall:
1. attend the meetings and participate in decision-making of the Council;
2. submit proposals regarding actual issues on development and coordination of the National Statistical System;
3. inform the Council about the implementation of activity performed by them or by represented structural units concerning the National Statistical System;
4. respond for implementation of the Council decisions concerning their fields of work;
5. give opinions and recommendations on the Strategy for Development of the National Statistical System.
Art. 6 (1) The Council shall elects one of its members as Secretary of the Council.
(2) The Secretary shall:
1. organize the preparation and convening of the meetings;
2. ensure the timely distribution of the agenda and all documents necessary to conduct the meetings;
3. draw up the meeting minutes;
4. prepare a report on the adopted decisions;
5. coordinate the necessary exchange of information between stakeholders.
Art. 7 No remuneration shall be received for participation in the meetings.
ORGANIZATION OF THE ACTIVITY OF THE COUNCIL
Art. 8 (1) The Council shall hold the meetings at least three times per year, as the meetings shall be convened by the chairperson of the Council.
(2) In exceptional cases, the Council members may authorize another representative from the relevant institution to act in their place at the Council meeting. The authorization shall be done expressly and separately concerning each particular meeting.
Art. 9 (1) Meetings shall be led according to the provisional agenda. The provisional agenda and all documents that have to be discussed shall be sent to all members of the Council at least 7 (seven) working days before the date of the meeting.
(2) Each member of the Council could make a proposal to include issues in the agenda no later than 5 (five) working days before the meeting.
Art. 10 Meetings shall be considered regular if more than half of the members of the Council or their deputy officials, having the right to vote, attend the meeting. If, 30 minutes after the time fixed for the beginning of the meeting, the required quorum has not been established, the meeting shall begin if not less than 1/3 of the members attend.
Art. 11 The chairperson may convene the meeting more than three times per year in the case of necessity to discuss urgent questions. On such an occasion, the chairperson shall inform the members of the Council of the agenda of the meeting in written form at least 10 (ten) days in advance.
Art. 12 (1) Representatives of interested institutions or partners, which are not included in the composition of the Council, shall attend the meeting when the Council discusses certain issues related to the competencies of other institutions or to other partners, as an invitation to participate must be issued by the Chairman to the representatives.
(2) Officials of the NSI may participate in the meetings upon invitation of the chairperson of the Council.
(3) Representatives of ministries and departments, regional and municipal administrations, non-governmental organizations and other bodies, organizations and internal experts related to the issues under consideration may also be invited to the meetings.
Art. 13 (1) The Council shall take decisions, shall adopt opinions and shall make recommendations by a simple majority of attendees.
(2) The vote in the Council shall be clear.
Art. 14 (1) The minutes shall be kept for each meeting, and all present Council members shall sign the minutes ‘in favour’ or ‘note of dissent’.
(2) The minutes shall mandatory include:
1. date, place and agenda of the meeting;
2. names of present Council members or the names of their deputy officials;
3. names of other present non-members;
4. items discussed;
5. decisions adopted, deadlines and responsible persons for their implementation.
(3) In cases of ‘note of dissent’ the relevant Council member shall justify it in written form and shall submit it not later than 3 (three) days after the date of the meeting. The justification shall be inseparably linked with the minutes.
(4) The Chairperson and Secretary of the Council shall sign adopted decisions and minutes and shall submit them to each member of the Council within 5 (five) working days after the meeting.
(5) The correspondence related to the work of the Council shall be addressed to the Secretary, who shall report it to the Chairperson of the Council.
(6) The originals of the minutes, as well as a complete set of documentation and correspondence of the Council, shall be kept by the Secretary.
(7) The meetings of the Council shall be convened at the premises of the NSI after permission from the President of the NSI.
AMENDMENTS TO RULES ON ACTIVITIES
Art. 15 (1) Each member of the Council could make proposals for amending these rules.
(2) These rules shall be amended after the relevant discussion and vote of 2/3 of all Council members.
§1. The Rules on activities shall be adopted according to the Art.14, Para 4, point 6 of the Law on Statistics.
§2. These rules shall cancel the rules on the National Statistical Council’s activity to the President of the NSI, adopted at a meeting of the NSC on 20.01.2009, amended at a meeting of the NSC on 24.11.2016.
§3. The Rules on activities shall enter into force on the day of their adoption at a Council meeting.
§4. The implementation of these Rules on activities shall be assigned to the Chairperson of the Council.