Functions of Statistics on Tourism and Business surveys Department
1. Elaboration of new and improvement of the existing methods, methodologies and instruments for carrying out the statistical surveys in the field of business surveys and tourism;
2. Organisation and conduction of the statistical surveys on statistics on tourism and business surveys, included in the National Statistical Programme and in accordance with the harmonized methods of the EU;
3. Elaboration and updating of technical specifications for automated processing of information from the statistical surveys in the field of statistics on tourism and business surveys.
4. Participation in the coordination and updating of legal basis in compliance with the requirements of national and international standards;
5. Responsible for the quality, reliability, protection and dissemination of data from statistical surveys on statistics on tourism and business surveys;
6. Provision of methodological help and assistance to the respondents, Regional Statistical Offices and users of statistical information in the field of statistics on tourism and business surveys;
7. Preparation of analytical materials, supporting time series and dissemination of statistical information needed for general statistical issues and international questionnaires;
8. Preparation and submission of data to the European Commission, Eurostat and other structures of the European Commission within the legal deadline, provision of information based on the interdepartamental agreements and information services to external users;
9. Participation in working groups, task forces, seminars and other events organized by the European Commission, Eurostat and other international organisations.