STRUCTURAL BUSINESS STATISTICS - NON-FINANCIAL ENTERPRISES
'Business Statistics' Directorate
'Annual Business Statistics' Department
2, P. Volov Str., 1038 Sofia
+359 2 9857 151
|Data description||The SBS data is received from the Annual reports of non-financial enterprises, compiling and non-compliting balance sheets, according to the requirements of Regulation (EC) № 2700/98 - definition of characteristics.|
|Classification system||• National Classification of Economic Activities (NACE.BG-2003);
• National Classification of Products by Economic Activities (CPA.BG 2003)
• Classification of territorial units for statistical purposes in Bulgaria (NUTS) - (version 19.06.2006).
|Sector coverage||The SBS survey includes all non-financial enterprises, classified in sections C to I and section K by NACE.BG-2003 for the period 2002 - 2007.|
|Units of measure||Number and thousand levs|
|Reference Period||Calendar year|
|Time coverage||2002 - 2007|
|Institutional Mandate - legal acts and other agreements Regulatory requirements and rules (national and European)||• Regulation (EC) № 58/97 of 20 December 1996 concerning SBS, complemented by:
- Regulation (EC) № 2700/98 of 17 December 1998 - definition of characteristics, amended by Regulation (EC) № 1670/2003 of 1 September 2003;
- Regulation (EC) № 2701/98 of 17 December 1998 - the series of data for SBS, amended by Regulation (EC) № 1669/2003 of 1 September 2003;
- Regulation (EC) № 2702/98 of 17 December 1998 - technical format for the transmission of SBS data, amended by Regulation (EC) № 1668/2003 of 1 September 2003;
- Regulation (EC) № 2699/98 of 17 December 1998 concerning derogations;
- Regulation (EC) № 1667/2003 of 1 September 2003 concerning derogations;
- Regulation (EC) № 1614/2002 of 6 September 2002 – amending Regulation (EC) № 58/97 and Regulation (EC) № 2700/98, (EC) № 2701/98 and (EC) № 2702/98;
- Regulation (EC) № 1618/1999 of 23 July 1999 - criteria for the evaluation of the quality of SBS data.
|Timeliness||• on national level – the SBS data are published in accordance with the deadline specified in the Release Calendar presenting the results of the statistical surveys carried out by the National Statistical Institute;
• to Eurostat – preliminary data – 10 months after the reference year; final data – 18 months after the reference year.
|Dissemination format||• the NSI website: www.nsi.bg
• Statistical Yearbook;
• Statistical Reference Book;
• Bulgaria – Statistical Panorama.
|Documentation on methodology||Eurostat's methodological manual concerning SBS data|
|Source data||The main data sources for calculating the SBS data are:
• Annual Report of the non-financial enterprises, compiling balance sheets;
• Annual Report of the non-financial enterprises, non-compiling balance sheets.
|Frequency of data collection||Yearly|
|Data collection||Exhaustively for all non-financial enterprises covered in the SBS survey.|