The Annual Business Statistics Department (ABS) shall organize, coordinate, supervise and participate in the development and implementation of the NSI’s policy in the field of structural business statistics, statistics of foreign affiliates (FATS), production and sales of industrial products (PRODCOM), statistics of financial and non-financial enterprises and annual specific surveys by economic activities. In this regard the department shall perform the following activities:
1. develop new and improve existing methodologies and methods for conducting statistical surveys in the mentioned areas, ensuring their compliance with the requirements of Eurostat;
2. develop and update tools for collecting Annual Reports on the activity of the enterprises and be liable for maintenance and extension of the Information System "Business Statistics" (ISBS);
3. conduct statistical surveys included in the NSP in the mentioned areas;
4. validate and produce annual data and support time series in the field of structural business statistics, statistics of non-financial enterprises, of financial enterprises and non-profit enterprises, foreign direct investments, the expenditure on acquisition and the acquired fixed assets, receipts of construction enterprises by kind of construction, wholesale and retail sales by group of good and trade premises by kind and by commodity specialization, production and sales of main industrial products on domestic market in accordance with the requirements of the national and European legislation;
5. submit statistics to Eurostat and to state and municipal authorities, as well as information on the implementation of individual users' requests and concluded contracts and agreements with professional, branch, public and other organizations;
6. conduct activities in order to improve the quality of collected and provided statistical information;
7. provide methodological support and assistance to the respondents, to the RSOs experts, to other Bodies of Statistics and to users of statistical information concerning statistical surveys conducted by the Department.