The National Statistical Institute presents to the users of statistical information first electronic (on CD-ROM) publication Social Protection Statistics 2000 - 2007. The publication contains information on receipts and expenditure by social protection schemes, as well as data on benefits and allowances provided by ESSPROS functions.
European System of Integrated Social Protection Statistics (ESSPROS) is a specific instrument for statistical monitoring of the social protection in EU member states. System main purpose is to ensure exhaustive, realistic and consistent measurement of social protection in member states, covering the social transfers and their financing.
Implementation of the European system of Integrated Statistic on Social Protection in Bulgaria started in 2006. The legal bases are Regulation (EC) No 485/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the ESSPROS; Commission Regulation (EC) No 1322/2007 of 12 November 2007 implementing Regulation (EC) No 485/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the ESSPROS as regards the appropriate formats for transmission, results to be transmitted and criteria for measuring quality for the ESSPROS core system and the module on pension beneficiaries; Commission Regulation (EC) No 10/2008 of 8 January 2008 implementing Regulation (EC) No 485/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the ESSPROS as regards the definitions, detailed classifications and updating of the rules for dissemination for the ESSPROS core system and the module on pension beneficiaries
European System of Integrated Social Protection Statistics (ESSPROS) consists of:
• Core system - includes data on social protection expenditures, receipts and benefits by function - Sickness/Health care; Disability; Old age; Survivors; Family/children; Unemployment; Housing; Social exclusion not else-where classified;
• Module on pension beneficiaries - includes data on total pension beneficiaries by schemes, by pension categories (disability pension; early retirement benefit due to reduced capacity to work, old-age pension; anticipated old-age pension; partial pension; survivors’ pension, early retirement due to labour market reasons).
The publication includes:
• Methodological notes;
• ESSPROS data on receipts and expenditures by functions for the period 2000 - 2007 (Core system);
• ESSPROS data on number of pension beneficiaries for the period 2000 - 2007 (Module on pension beneficiaries);
• ESSPROS qualitative information by schemes and benefits.
The publication is addressed to a wide range of users - administrations and institutions that develop and implement economic and social policy of Bulgaria, as well as non-governmental organizations and all society circles that work actively in this field.
Price (including mailing costs):
- EUR 12 for a CD
Price includes VAT.
The issue could be ordered at the following address:
National Statistical Institute
2, Panayot Volov St.
phone: +359 2 9857 142
e-mail: [email protected]
Purchase by bank transfer:
NSI Bank Account
Bulgarian National Bank
Knyaz Alexander Battenberg Square, Sofia
IBAN BG84 BNBG 9661 3000 1190 01