Welcome to the website of the National Statistical Institute! The website is available at www.nsi.bg from all over the world, it’s called in short ‘Website’, which is owned and operated by the National Statistical Institute, located at Sofia 1038, 2, P. Volov St.
The National Statistical Institute has the right to update, by amending and supplementing these General Terms and Conditions for the use of the Website at any time in the future, when the circumstances so require.
OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF THE GENERAL CONDITIONS
These General Terms and Conditions have been prepared and are intended to regulate the relations between:
National Statistical Institute
Address: 2, P. Volov St., 1038 Sofia, Bulgaria
Contact phone: +359 2 9857 111
E-mail: [email protected]
Hereinafter referred to as NSI, and users of the Website hereinafter referred to as ‘User (s)’ in connection with its use.
The other documents that regulate the relations between the NSI and the Users, related to the use of the Website, are:
- Personal data protection policy;
- Declaration of accessibility.
Users undertake to use the Website and all its content lawfully following the conditions set out in these General Terms and Conditions and accordance with its purpose. Users undertake to comply with the rules and levels of access provided by the Website.
Violation thereof, and in particular any attempt to access services and/or information assets for which the User is not authorized to access - including attempts to read, copy, modify or remove data and/or information without prior permission, constitutes a criminal offence under the Criminal Code, chapter Ninth ‘a’, ‘Computer Crimes’, from Art. 319a to Art. 319e and shall be punished by imprisonment and/or by a fine depending on the nature of the crime.
For these General Terms and Conditions:
- www.nsi.bg - abbreviated as ‘Website’, is owned and managed by the National Statistical Institute;
- Users are:
- Citizens - Bulgarian or from other countries;
- Representatives of the business sector, non-governmental and professional organizations;
- Representatives of other administrations and bodies of state administration and local government;
- Representatives of the EU, UN, IMF or other international organizations;
- Representatives of the scientific and academic community, media and other organizations;
- Other visitors to the Website.
- Registered users are the Users who are registered on the Website.
These General Terms and Conditions regulate the manner and conditions for using the NSI website, available at www.nsi.bg.
The website has an information function and provides access to statistical information for good administrative servicing to users of public services and is developed by the principles of openness, transparency and accessibility of state institutions in the Republic of Bulgaria, including through the tools of e-government and provision of administrative services electronically.
The main functions and tasks of the NSI website are the following:
- provides statistical information;
- provides services;
- explains policies and programs;
- announces news;
- answers frequently asked questions;
- fulfils the requirements of other normative acts, such as the Public Procurement Act, the Access to Public Information Act and others.
- provides administrative services electronically;
- supports the provision of administrative services through direct interaction of the user with the organization (‘at the counter’ or otherwise).
- forms and reflects the organizational identity;
- reflects the structure, team and organizational logic of the NSI;
- reflects the unity of the openness policies, transparency and accessibility applied by public organizations.
- Communication function:
- provides information and tools for two-way and multi-way communication with the NSI;
- promotes communication and understanding between the NSI and consumers;
- builds trust;
- generates support and participation.
Users have the right to:
- reproduce, disseminate and use statistical or other information provided by the NSI website;
- reproduce, disseminate and use summarized data from surveys conducted by the NSI, which are provided to them through the means of the NSI website;
- reproduce, distribute and use text files (methodologies and research analyzes) that have been provided to them through the NSI website;
- reproduce, disseminate and use information disseminated by the NSI through the Website, which is produced by other institutions.
Under the following conditions:
- the use of statistical information produced by the NSI is under the License published on the website - License for the use of statistical information produced and disseminated by the National Statistical Institute;
- when using information produced by the NSI, the User is obliged to indicate the source of information;
- anyone who uses the data following the previous point undertakes not to violate their original meaning;
- the National Statistical Institute is not responsible for the quality of the information after its reproduction and dissemination by the user, as well as for the purposes for which it is used by him;
- the information cannot be used under a new version if it does not meet the new conditions and requirements;
- as a condition for using the Website it is considered that the User agrees not to use the information provided to him for any activity prohibited by law, violating good practices or not complying with these rules.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The protection of the confidentiality of the data, provided by the Users of the Website, their protection and their use is of utmost importance for the National Statistical Institute.
The NSI applies all standards for the protection of personal data under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council from 27th April 2016 on the protection of physical persons, concerning the processing of personal data, and on the free movement of such data, the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC and following the Personal Data Protection Act.
Specific, transparent and clear information about the processing of personal data by the NSI, the ways of communication and conditions for the acquire the rights related to the processing of their personal data by the Users, in their capacity as data subjects, as well as the complete information in compliance with the requirements of Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 can be found anywhere on the website, where personal data is collected by users.
The National Statistical Institute is ISO 27001/2013 certified (Certificate № 492/18). The NSI management guarantee that the information security policies are regularly reviewed and updated if necessary, to be in line with possible changes in the conditions under which the NSI operates and with the requirements of legal and regulatory documents and applied standards.
The NSI management undertakes a commitment and expresses its responsibility to the state and the citizens of the country for providing all necessary resources in the implementation of certain policies and objectives in front of the NSI Information Security Management System, which complies with the regulatory and legal requirements in the Republic of Bulgaria.
More information can be found in the Declaration on the policy for quality management and security of information of the National Statistical Institute.
- The information provided by the National Statistical Institute through the website is up-to-date and correct, but it cannot be guaranteed that its pages do not contain inaccuracies and/or omissions, as well as delays in updating the data.
- The NSI is not responsible for damages caused by how the information and/or content provided by the Website is used, interpreted and analyzed, or for the context in which it is used by any external sources, for opinions and/or positions expressed.
- The NSI applies all necessary measures to protect the information and/or content provided by the Website from loss, misuse and/or alteration. However, the NSI cannot take responsibility for changing or manipulating the content once it has been published, nor can guarantee that access to the information and/or services provided is uninterrupted.
- NSI is not responsible for consequences caused by actions of Users/users of the Website, as well as for damages, lost profits or business interruptions resulting from the use or inability to use the information contained in them and/or electronic services.
- The NSI does not guarantee that the Website will remain unchanged and will be maintained indefinitely.
- The responsibility for the use of the Website lies entirely with the Users. The NSI assumes no responsibility for any damages and/or adverse consequences as a result of a user error, computer virus, omission, interruption or problem related to the use of the Website.
- The NSI is not responsible for actions taken by Users in violation of these General Terms and Conditions.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- The Website contains links to other websites (Third Party Sites). In case these sites are owned and maintained by the National Statistical Institute, then on these sites, the Users can find and get acquainted with the general conditions for use of the respective sites. All other Third Party Sites that are accessible through the Website are in no way connected with the NSI and the NSI in no way engages with them and is not responsible for their content.
- Links to Third Party Sites are provided to help users more easily find the additional information they need.
- The NSI does not assume any responsibility for damages and losses incurred by Users as a result of the use of these sites, as well as for the presence of viruses and/or other harmful components on these third party sites.
- In addition, the NSI cannot guarantee that the links to the Third Party Sites will work or that the pages to which they lead will be accessible.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Under Decree No. 150/3 July 2020 amending the Ordinance on the standard conditions for re-use of public sector information and its publication in an open format, adopted by Decree of the Council of Ministers No. 147 of 2016 (State Gazette, No. 48 of 2016), which transposes Directive 2003/98 with rights for free re-use, processing and distribution, shall be provided with any information created or collected within the powers or functions of the National Statistical Institute for which no information is available for refusal of re-use under the Access to Public Information Act, including databases, in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act.
When there is a restriction on the re-use of this information, the NSI provides only that part of the information to which access is not restricted.
The restrictions provided in the Law on Access to Public Information in Art. 41b, para. 1 are the following: ‘The information from the public sector containing statistical secrecy, collected and stored by the National Statistical Institute or by a body of statistics, shall not be provided for re-use; information containing industrial or trade secret or professional secrets; information containing personal data the re-use of which constitutes inadmissible access to or inadmissible processing of personal data’.
The software and/or software products used for the development and/or operation of the website or the links forwarding to other similar sites are protected by copyright that belongs to the respective manufacturers.
If you notice a copyright infringement on the website, please notify us by e-mail: [email protected].
All content of the Website, all published texts, computer programs, data, as well as any information uploaded on the Website is the exclusive property of the National Statistical Institute or NSI partners with whom the NSI has the relevant contractual relations for dissemination of their Intellectual Property.
The content and information of the Website are freely available and may be used by Users under a License for the use of statistical information produced and disseminated by the NSI.
Access to the Website should in no way be construed or interpreted as a grant of licenses or intellectual property rights.
CONTACT THE MAINTENANCE TEAM
In case of need for additional information, co-operation, technical assistance, inaccuracies observed, defects and/or errors in the operation of the Website, the Users can contact us by phone +359 2 9857 111 or by e-mail: [email protected].
FORCE MAJEURE CIRCUMSTANCES
The National Statistical Institute doesn’t bear responsibility to Users for interruptions, delays, lack of services and/or information, provided on the Website if they are due to ‘force majeure’. ‘Force majeure’ means a circumstance (event) of an extraordinary nature, occurred after the commissioning of the Website, could not be foreseen and does not depend on the will of the parties such as fire, industrial accidents, military actions, natural disasters - storms, torrential rains, floods, hail, earthquakes, icing, drought, landslides and other natural disasters, embargoes, government bans, strikes, riots, disorders and others.