Family business statistics
Euro-SDMX Metadata Structure (ESMS)
National Statistical Institute
|Contact organisation unit|
|Contact person function|
|Contact mail address|
Bulgaria, Sofia, 1038, 2 P.Volov Str.
|Contact email address|
|Contact phone number|
|Contact fax number|
|Metadata last certified||17 July 2019|
|Metadata last posted||17 June 2019|
|Metadata last update||17 June 2019|
Family business data is collected from businesses and organizations operating on the territory of the country. The main source of information is annual reporting on business activity.
· Classification of Economic Activities (NACE-2008);
· Classification of Territorial Units for Statistical purposes in Bulgaria (NUTS).
The survey covers enterprises that have completed a family business section in the form of private ownership and classified under NACE 2008 in the following sectors:
· A Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries;
· B Mining and quarrying;
· C Manufacturing;
· D Production and distribution of electricity, heat and gaseous fuels;
· E Water supply; sewerage services, waste management and remediation;
· F Construction;
· G Trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles;
· H Transport, storage and mailing;
· I Accommodation and Catering;
· J Creating and disseminating information and creative products; telecommunications;
· K Financial and insurance activities;
· L Real Estate;
· M Professional activities and research;
· N Administrative and support activities;
· P Education;
· Q Human health and social work;
· R Culture, sports and entertainment;
· Other activities
|Statistical concepts and definitions|
Family business - number of family enterprises in employment, economic sectors and territorial distribution.
Number of family businesses is the number of enterprises reported for the last accounting year that declared their business to be family.
Employment in family businesses is the staff represented by the terms employees and employed:
- Employees are persons who have an employment relationship with the employer under the Labor Code and an official relationship under the Civil Servant's Act, under which they receive remuneration in cash or in kind in the form of salary for a certain amount and quality work, whether the hiring contract is permanent or temporary, full-time or part-time.
- Employed - includes employed and self-employed persons engaged in a given production activity within the production boundaries of the system.
Object of observation are all enterprises that have completed the "Yes" in the "Family Business" section of the Enterprise Report with a form of private ownership and classified in the A to S (without O) sectors.
For the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
|Unit of measure|
For staff - number (not calculated in full-time equivalent).
|Legal acts and other agreements|
|Confidentiality - policy|
|Confidentiality - data treatment|
According to the Statistics Act and the European legislation, the individual (primary) data of enterprises are confidential. In order to ensure their protection and the impossibility of being identified, aggregated indicators are also considered to be confidential when an indicator is received by one or two enterprises or when an enterprise accounts for more than 85% of the value of the indicator.
The dissemination period for the statistical information is indicated in the Calendar for dissemination of NSI statistical survey results.
|Release calendar access|
The calendar is available on the NSI website.
The data are available online through NSI INFOSTAT Information System for all users of statistical information.
|Frequency of dissemination|
|Accessibility and clarity|
The data are available online for all users through the NSI INFOSTAT information system under the heading "Structural business statistics - family business"
|Documentation on methodology|
Methodology of statistical survey Family business.
The main users of information are non-governmental and other organizations in the country.
No consumer satisfaction survey has been conducted.
It is provided on the basis of respondents' answers in the Family Business section of the Enterprise Report.
|Accuracy and reliability|
|Timeliness and punctuality|
11 months after the end of the reporting period.
The deadlines for providing the Family Business data provided in the Calendar for the dissemination of NSI statistical survey results are respected.
|Coherence and comparability|
|Comparability - geographical|
|Comparability - over time|
|Coherence - cross domain|
|Coherence - internal|
|Cost and burden|
|Data revision - policy|
|Data revision - practice|
Enterprise report of the annual activity report of the enterprises.
|Frequency of data collection|
Exhaustively annually to all businesses and organizations that have completed the Family Business section in the Enterprise Report.
The survey is exhaustive(complete) and no estimates are made.